I haven’t shared with you a food recipe on the blog before, so this is a first! But I was so surprised at how delicious and easy it was to make these Raw Energy Balls that I had to share it with you. I wouldn’t say that I have great expertise in the culinary department, so tasty treats with simple ingredients are a winner for me! I have these balls either before/after I go to the gym, or for a total guilt free snack. They taste SO amazing, and I end up reaching for them over a dark chocolate bar.
If you wanted to make these balls fully vegan, you could try swapping the honey for coconut oil. But be aware I haven’t tried that before! So if you do try it, let me know how that turns out.
100g crunchy peanut butter
25g cocoa powder
25g sesame seeds
100g desiccated coconut
extra coconut, cocoa or sesame seeds for rolling in.
- Put the nut butter and honey in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted together
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the cocoa, coconut and sesame seeds.
- Mix everything together until it has formed a firm but sticky mixture
- Allow mixture to completely cool before placing in the fridge for 10 minutes (makes rolling into balls easier)
- Roll mixture in small balls. Then roll in coating of choice (I choose desiccated coconut) and leave in fridge overnight.
Recipe taken from Davina’s Power Balls