I may be day late to the Thanksgiving party (as well as being British), but after seeing Brittany and Chriselle post about the things they’re grateful for, I thought that this would be a nice little interject in between all the Black Friday Discount posts.
I used to write down 3 things I was grateful for each morning. I say used to because lately I seem to have fallen off the bandwagon and I certainly can tell a difference. I thought this would be a nice way to hit the refresh button to get back into both the small and big things that I am thankful for.
- My health and my amazing body that allows me to walk, dance, bend and run (although perhaps not too much of the latter). Although I may struggle with my body confidence and am still continuing to better myself, I’m learning to love and accept my body for all the wonderful things that it can do for me and in turn, I try to treat it the best I can.
- My close friends and family. Ironically enough, neither of my close friends or family are in that close proximity to me at all! (Apart from the girls at Uni). But what I am SO thankful for is their compassion and knowing that we are still always so close at heart, and they are always there for me through the bad and the good times.
- Being able to have and complete a good education. As much as I often ponder over whether my Higher Education is actually worth it, I am thankful that throughout my education I’ve worked hard and been given the chance to get some amazing grades that I am proud of. I’ve always loved learning and think that I should be more grateful for the chance to be in a good education now, studying something I love.
- Living in London is a blessing for me right now. I didn’t know if I could make the move so far from home when I was 19, but it definitely was the right choice! Being here has opened up so many opportunities and I’ve been able to meet some wonderful people, both in blogging and my personal life, who inspire me and encourage me to follow my dreams.
- Everyday, I am thankful for good coffee and almond milk. Who’s with me on this!?
- I’m thankful for this small thing called the World Wide Web, it truly is spectacular and is opening up so many doors and new paths for us millennial’s, that we definitely need to make the best use of it that we can.
- For all the people who were and still are put in my life to challenge me and make me grow. Everyone I’ve crossed in my life who have hurt and upset me, I thank for them for pushing me to grow and believe in myself.
- Finally, I am thankful for all the good things that life has in store to me, and all the adventures to come 🙂
What things are you thankful for this season? Leave me a comment below!